Power Walking, while very similar to Race Walking, does not have the same technical requirements. The rules are simple:
- One foot must be on the ground at all times. Running, deemed to be when both
feet are off of the ground, is forbidden and is cause for disqualification.
- Each foot-strike must be heel to toe at all times. "Creeping", wherein the lead toe
strikes prior to the heel, is forbidden and is cause for disqualification.
- Technical Race Walking, where the lead leg remains straight from heel-strike
until the knee passes under the body, is forbidden
and is a cause for disqualification. A bent knee is the accepted form.
- Disqualification will result when an athlete is judged to be running,
"creeping", or using a race walking technique described above in two separate instances
by two separate officials during the course of the race/competition.
- Rules will be strictly enforced. If you have any questions,
please contact the sport commissioner at the number above.